As of this writing (March, 2017), we currently have only two forms of advertising: Sponsorship and Promotional Articles.
That will change over time as new options are added to this website, but it begs the question - why advertise with Travel Savvy News in the first place?
We’re not the biggest dog in the yard and we don’t necessarily want to be. We are a small website whose main claim to fame is a solid and reliable 500 or so unique visitors to our website every month. So - why would anyone in their right mind want to advertise with a "small player?"
Fact: Other advertising agencies claims beside the point - Internet advertising is a crap-shoot: plain and simple. There are no guarantees that if you pony up $50 or $100,000 for an Internet advertising campaign you will see anyone respond. It will probably happen, but if the number of responses you actually get are so low you go broke trying to compete with the "big dogs," what’s the point?
We like to support other small businesses and, yes, we know all about budgets, so the best form of advertising we offer right now is this one:
Sponsorships - $250 annually, which includes:
- Your company/business logo on virtually ever page of this website
- Up to 6 promotional articles (one every 2 months) - at no additional cost. This is $450 worth of single issue articles for non-sponsors, which become free. (Yes, we charge $75 per edition for articles that are primarily "ads." See our Submissions page for more information.)
This is a really good option for B&Bs, specialty apparal manufacturers and even main-stream companies.
We are currently tracking down our current sponsors (the mechanics have gotten a little "sideways" in the past few weeks) and to be honest with you - we’re not completely certain which of our original sponsors are still valid or not!
For the moment, if you wish to find out more about sponsorship, please contact us at: sponsors@TravelSavvyNews.com.
We hope to put that information up on this website (eventually), but getting things set up for this massive a "reboot" took most of our time.
Spot promotional articles - These are articles that details special sales, commercial offers or other products and services for which a participant must pay a fee. E.g. promotional overnight/weekend/special event stays at a hotel or similar establishment.
Promotional articles are subject to the same requirements as non-promotional articles and those are detailed on the Submissions page of this website. Any fees associated with a promotional article must be remitted to Travel Savvy News prior to publication. We recommend our online payment page, since it is immediate and allow payment with any major credit card.
For organization that must remit their fees by check, please note:
- We must have the payment in hand well before the deadline for article submissions (because -)
- The payment must clear the bank before any promotional article will be included within an edition of Travel Savvy News.
"Urgent" or "rush" or "last minute" promotional articles will be accepted within one (1) week of the deadline for publication of any edition of Travel Savvy News, but -
- An additional "rush charge" of $75 also applies (if a non-sponsor, this means the cost for the article is $150)
- Only credit card payments for the fees are permitted, due to the bank handling delays.
We appologize for the "convolutions" of these requirements, but history is a hard teacher and we have to be thorough to prevent future misunderstandings!
Despite all that - we do look forward to hearing from you!